The Great Big Green Week is the UK’s biggest ever celebration of community action to tackle climate change and protect nature. Between 26th September and 2nd October this year, Great Big Green Week will unleash a wave of support for action to protect the planet. Tens of thousands of people in every corner of the country will celebrate the heartfelt, brave, everyday actions being taken to stand up for nature and fight climate change.
Each class will be taking part in some green activities over the course of the week to play our part in this event. Here is what each year group will be doing:
- Nursery – Gardening and craft using recycled materials.
- Reception – Making bird feeders.
- Year 1 – Making green hearts to decorate our outside area and tidying/developing the garden area.
- Year 2 – Planting outside Year 2 classroom and creating recycled windchimes to decorate the trees (upcycling plastic).
- Year 3 – Gardening outside the Marcus Rashford classroom and poster creating (shared activity).
- Year 4 – Planting at the Church.
- Year 5 – Seed bombs (to be used come Spring).
- Year 6 – Developing the Year 6 area on the playground.
We will be creating a display in school to celebrate the children’s hard work where we will put up photos of their activities in school. We would like to encourage all of our families to take part in Green Week any way you can – maybe you could go on a walk in our local area over the weekend, spend some time working together in the garden or another activity of your choice? It would be great to have some photos of these activities for us to include as part of our display. If you would like to take part in this, please send photos to the office or print them out and send them in.
Thank you for your continued support.