If you would like your child to be considered for a Medway grammar school they will need to sit the Medway Test (Medway’s 11+).
A child can take the Medway Test whether they live in Medway or not.
If you live in Medway, but are considering grammar schools in another area you will need to contact them and take their own version of the 11+ instead.
Registering for the Medway Test 2024
- Registration for the Medway Test will be open during summer 2024, usually around 1st June. Once dates have been released, we will update them here.
- There will also be the opportunity for access/special arrangement requests to be made and the date will be published here once it is released.
- A guide will be issued to all children applying for the test to help familiarise them with the format and layout of the Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning tests.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email confirming your child’s registration on the test. If you do not receive this email, your child may not be registered.
- If your child is successfully accepted to take the Medway Test, they will receive an invitation by the end of August 2024.
Before you register
You should consult your child’s teacher or Principal prior to registering for the test to ensure that grammar school is right for them.
Medway Council does not recommend registering for the Medway Test, unless your child is working at or above the expected levels for their age.
Registrations made after the closing date will not be accepted.
Medway Test Dates
Children registered for the Medway Test will sit the test at the academy.
Exact dates will be updated later in the year but it is likely to be the second week of September 2024.
Rules for when your child is attending the Medway Test
- Children must arrive to the test on time, as late arrivals will not be admitted into the test once registration has closed.
- You must inform us if your child is unwell on the day of the test by emailing email@example.com. Illness must also be reported to the academy as well.
- Children attending the test must wear school uniform.
- Your child must not bring any valuable property to the test with them. Details on what items are not permitted in the test can be found here.
- Medway Council expects all children to follow good behaviour in the test environment. This is so all candidates have a calm and safe environment available.
Medway Test Results
Medway Test results are usually sent out at the beginning of October.
If you would like to speak with Medway Council, their contact details are: